Tess' Journey

A Daydream Believers Blog





Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

I've written about my perfect-Scandinavian-looks-phobia and how I will never be that girl.
No wonder I hate Barbies. I never even liked them when I was a kid. I once got one, and I did ask for one for my birthday, as all the other girls were playing with them, I figured I had to have one as well.

From a young age I was confinced that you needed to look like Barbie to be succesfull. She always had beautiful clothes, a nice car, house, boyfriend, everything. Maybe I didn't really realize it back then, but now I can imagine I might have...

The oddest thing of all is that even though I dislike Barbie, I do have loads of respect for Marilyn Monroe. A strange fascination for this blonde woman. I even have pictures of her hanging around my house. Not just fascination, respect. And with respect I immediately found out why I detested the blonde population of our world. It wasn't like I didn't like any of them, there were just a few who soured it up for the rest. It wasn't just because they were blonde... No, it was the way they caried themselves. An ugly way. A way to make me feel miserable.

But now, the time has come to say thank you. So, thanks Jessica (and many others, whom I won't mention by name), for making life hard for me at times, for years making me to have wanted to look and be just like you. But now, still not 100% satisfied with who I am and what I look like, I am glad I am not you and the personality that you carry.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I am glad I am not you and the personality that you carry" And what personality is that? How long have you know Miss Simpson personally?

Such sweeping statements my friend. Don't blame the blondes for your own insecurities!

People will always hate what they can not be!    



At 9:40 AM, Blogger Tessa said...

There are more blondes called Jessica. I was not talking about Miss Simpson...

As I wrote, it was time to thank them, so no more insecurities :) No matter what hair-colour...    



» Post a Comment